To Get Help Now
Click Here
Today's Date:

Lawsuit Filed Against Triad Over Tainted Alcohol Wipes

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

The parents of a Houston child who died at the age of two from bacterial meningitis have filed lawsuit against the medical products supplier, Triad Group,  for gross negligence, claiming tainted alcohol wipes and swaps caused the rare infection.

Harrison Kothari was recovering from a surgery to remove a benign cyst from his spinal cord, when, the day before his release he suddenly became very sick with a severe infection that lead to multi-organ shut down and death.

The lawsuit says that cultures showed he had contracted bacterial meningitis caused by Bacillus cereus, a type of bacteria sometimes found in food poisoning cases, but not in hospital infections. A month after his death, his parents saw a Food and Drug Administration notice that Triad swabs and pads were being recalled for Bacillus cereus contamination. The same wipes that were used in Harrison’s post-surgery care. Samples were taken from the hospital and tested positive for contamination.

Sandra Kothari, Harrison’s mother said that the wipes were available in major stores and hospitals across the country,  “People buy alcohol pads and they last a long time in your bathroom. They’re sitting there now. I wouldn’t want any other mother to go what I’ve gone through.”

The lawsuit was filed in U.S. District Court in Houston and seeks damages for the loss of Harrison’s life.
 disclaimer: This article: Lawsuit Filed Against Triad Over Tainted Alcohol Wipes was posted on Monday, June 13th, 2011 at 7:37 pm at and is filed under Medical Device Lawsuits.

« »

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.