To Get Help Now
Click Here
Today's Date:

California Mother Sues Monster Energy Drink over Teenage Son’s Death

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

An Oakland, California, mother is suing Monster Beverage Corp., alleging her 19-year-old son, Alex Morris, suffered cardiac arrest and died from drinking two Monster Energy beverages a day for three years.

Mr. Morris died on the morning of July 1, 2012. According to Ms. Morris, her son would still be alive today if he had not consumed two cans of highly caffeinated Monster Energy Drink every day for three years prior to his death, including on the day he died. This is not the first time a family has blamed Monster Beverage Corp. for the loss of a child. Last year, a Maryland family sued the beverage maker, claiming their 14-year-old daughter died after drinking two 24-ounce cans of Monster Energy Drink, according to

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is investigating deaths allegedly tied to energy drinks, including five involving Monster Beverage Corp. A San Francisco attorney is also suing the firm for marketing its products to children – products that, according to the attorney, pose serious health risks, reported. disclaimer: This article: California Mother Sues Monster Energy Drink over Teenage Son’s Death was posted on Thursday, June 27th, 2013 at 7:00 pm at and is filed under Food Poisoning Lawsuits, Toxic Substances Lawsuits.

« »

Comments are closed.